PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please dont get cross with me I didnt tell u to park there
Old 18th Feb 2004, 15:32
Rhodie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post GOLDFISH MADE THE NEWS..!

Morning there GJ

The article below was in the Jhb Star last night - not only did you make the papers, but we know that the reporters are keeping an eye on prune...!

SOUTH AFRICA

Passengers have long wait on air bridge
February 17, 2004

By Lee Rondganger

Nearly 100 British Airways passengers, upon arriving at Johannesburg International Airport, found themselves - quite literally - up in the air.

The passengers became stuck for nearly half an hour on an air bridge, an elevated tunnel that leads from the aircraft to the airport building, apparently due to a technical problem - and were then upbraided for it.

The Star journalist Estelle Ellis, who was on the Sunday evening flight, said that as the passengers were getting off the plane, they noticed that the air bridge exit door, leading to the terminal, was shut.

"We waited for about half an hour and then this woman came and shouted at us for standing on the walkway. When we asked why the door had not opened, she said it was because the pilot did not call the control tower when he landed."

Both British Airways and the Airports Company of SA denied this, saying there had been a technical problem with the air bridge door.

The Professional Pilots Rumour Network - a website dedicated to the views of pilots and other personnel involved in air traffic - reported yesterday that Johannesburg International Airport was besieged with "parking" problems over the weekend.

On Saturday afternoon, an SAA plane was reportedly made to wait for 12 minutes for its gate because there was another aircraft parked in its place.

On Sunday night, another SAA plane was made to turn around at its allocated gate to go to another and then made to go back to its original gate.

Gate allocation for aircraft at Johannesburg International is controlled by the Airports Company of SA and not by ground controllers.

LOVE the bit about the pilot not having called the control tower before he landed - if I tried that me and my licence would soon be seperated, I'm sure..

When did you transfer to FAJS, Goldfish - seems the reporter thinks this was the case..!

Seems like ACSA employing really calss A assole's...

Enjoy

R

Last edited by Rhodie; 18th Feb 2004 at 15:44.