PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WMU - Probably The Best Training Choice Available.
Old 17th Feb 2004, 19:26
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tcat - good synopsis, good analysis - especially point b.

You also tried to keep the thread on track whilst others were getting over excited during excursions from the point.

There's a long learning curve for any school to get consistent success for its students. Two years ago WMU blew its JAA training cadre out of the water - whether maliciously or wilfully is an entirely moot point - what is important is that it will take many exam sittings for them to get up to speed again. The present 9 are guinea pigs paying a lot for the priveledge.

There are sadly, allegedly sentient beings who will still take the plunge because the exchange rate excites them. Cost of everything and value of nothing types.

Actually - that's given me an idea for a photo comp! We've never had one of those here before. Let's see - I've got an unused copy of Jepp's IFR Pro simulator as a prize - I think its about £90 quid these days. How about pics of the rattiest aircaft for students and hour builders lured by the cost?

If anyone's interested fire up a new thread and I'll pop in with the details. I think we need to look at it worldwide and there has to be a web or magazine photo to contrast marketing fantasy with creaking, flyblown reality. If we got a good library I'd even pay for a regular ad in the GA mags pointing wannabees to what the aircaft really look like - just like the gazzeteers or 'truth books' travel agents keep under the counter for those in the know

Regards
Rob Lloyd