PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - biggin air show
Thread: biggin air show
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2001, 03:17
GoldFishBowl

Arrow

Condolences to all concerned, it's always shocking to have something like this happen once, but twice on consequitive days at the same location and another (Spitfire) comming down in France also with one fatality it can really shock you. I know Biggin well and have just spoken to my friend who has come back from Biggin said there were alot of shocked people up there after both crashes but especially after the Cobra came down as it was so visible to the crowds.

In case anyone familiar to Biggin is woundering the Cobra (as can be seen in the news footage) came down on the grass apron immediatly south of the tower (but not quite in the MOD bit) and the Vampire appears to have crashed under the electricity pillons that you can see on the approch to 21 just before you cross the airfield boundry.

I hope that the up comming election means the press forget about this soon as they could really have a good go at this if it was silly season; they have already started I note with the "should these WWII rust buckets be allowed in the air" (to quote yes you guessed it Channel 5) type stories. And as many of you have said quoting entirely useless sources just to get something on air.

My thoughts and I am sure thoses of all private pilots based at Biggin go out to everyone concerned.

O
o<>< GoldFish

[This message has been edited by GoldFishBowl (edited 04 June 2001).]