PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you SICK of instructing?
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2004, 15:03
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Hey highbypass I feel your pain mate

I used to quite enjoy 'instructing'

- but I miss 'being an instructor' about as much as a cockroach sandwich.

Face it, the vast majority of flying school employers treat their instructors like dogs to be kicked.

All you w@nkers going off at him that he shouldn't be in the business if that's how he feels ... take off your rose tinted spectacles. I bet the whole lot of you are either PPLs with aspirations, or smug old airline pilots preaching from behind the barriers of a big fat pay packet and a couple decades of nostalgia.

Personally I did it for 6 years - never had a complaint, never had a bad reference, never had a student fail on me, still got lots of friends in the business, yadda yadda yadda whoop de doo. Well I can tell you here and now that airline life beats the hell out of instructing and the way I feel right now if I never turn over a piston engine aircraft again it'll be too soon. Maybe I'll feel different about it when I've got my mid life crisis after a couple of decades of flying big plush comfortable airliners ... but I doubt it.

Instructing is a pleasant, enjoyable, fairly paid and glamourous life ... yeah right