PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS MD-80 Rejected Take-Off at DUB
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2004, 13:49
Conor.M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So presumably there turned out to be nothing wrong with the hydraulic system then?

The only information I have is the notes my father took from the announcement the Captain gave on the Aircraft, but yes, it appears that there was no actual problem with the Aircraft, just a mystery warning light. As I said the only thing they had to do to get the aircraft back into the air was a change of brakes and tires (and I believe this was limited to just the front undercarriage).

I had no details of the weather at Dublin on Saturday other then it wasn’t raining, and that the main runway at Dublin is just over 8,500 feet in length. As RRAMJET pointed out there was no bent metal so apart from a few shook up passengers and a few missed connections there were no real problems (if you exclude the fact the my Dad and his friends had to venture forward into business class to retrieve their hand luggage). I’m sure the story will be told many times over the years to come, and on each subsequent telling they will be one step closer to death.

I’m still curious if anyone has any more info about what actually happened in the cockpit that resulted in the Captain changing his mind.