PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WMU - Probably The Best Training Choice Available.
Old 17th Feb 2004, 06:34
Thundercat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've spoken with WMU and they're going to send me further details. Currently there are 9 students (from what I recall) on the JAA course, 2 of which are Brits. Unfortunetely they haven't been drawn to this thread, if at all to PPRUNE. Pity, but it would be nice to hear from someone with recent experience.

History doesn't sound favourable for WMU and I can only hope that the future is more stable. The general consensus seems to be that:

a) WMU have poorly managed and badly looked after previous staff crucial to the success of the JAA syllabus.

b) Although the problems were some 2 years back, the shockwaves will take sometime longer to repair.

c) Regardless of exchange rate benefits, WMU needs to be treated with trepidation as it has been suggested they may be just trying to recoup losses made in previous JAA course investments.

This all paints a rather gloomy picture and I can only hope that WMU or someone connected to it recently can cast a better light. Given the direction of this thread, it would take some stealy nerve to gamble your training money on WMU unless any solid experiance or support for it comes forward giving a strong case otherwise.

So given recent comments, I'm prepared to stand corrected - it sounds like WMU has yet to prove that it could again be "one of the best training choices available". Any further views to back or refute this?...

Thundercat

Last edited by Thundercat; 17th Feb 2004 at 20:45.