PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald latest??
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2004, 02:18
Giz A Job

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy The way things are

Emerald airways has never been more to most than a stepping stone for Pilots wishing to get a start on the ladder, however there is a hardcore of Pilots who have been happy to work their days out for this airline.
Times are a changing at Emerald, even the hardcore are now fed up with the constant roster changes, badgering on days off and threats if they don't do what is asked of them.
Recently two First officers have left for pastures new (lucky them)
and four Captains and two First officers have been through the ground exam's on the ATP (and are now on office duties as they cannot return to the 748 fleet), this leaves Emerald 8 down on the 748 with no apparent planning having gone into place as to how they are to be replaced, this is leading to extra pressure on the rest of the 748 Pilots who where undercrewed even prior to losing these 8 people.
There was a threat of redundancy after losing the Royal mail contracts however Emerald appear to be doing the same if not more than prior to losing the contracts, emerald has in fact picked up another contract out of Aberdeen.
Currently Emerald is running significantly less than two crews an Aircraft on the 748 fleet.
My question is-- When is this going to end so we can get back to some sort of normality in our personal lives.
A warning to all who desire a job at Emerald, you might want your first airline job more than anything else in the world, having got a start you will very quickly become disillusioned
The FTL scheme is a legal maximum and not a target for the company to achieve.
I welcome any replies from Pilots in Emerald, I think this has gone on long enough.
I know all Pilots feel the same way about this and any replies of a critical nature will be dismissed as from the non Pilot community.

Happy days are here again!!!!!!

Last edited by Giz A Job; 17th Feb 2004 at 18:51.