PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oasc Please Help???
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2004, 00:59
RobinXe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I was told the same thing before I went, they still stopped it though. I'd guess that candidates could get the official story from their AFCO, and this thread is more about the info gleaned from those in the know about what actually happens.

Be that as it may, one of the keys to achieving goals is to have them well defined. I can assure you categorically that the MSFT has not changed in the 30 or so years since its inception as a training tool, beyond the tendancy of magnetic tape to stretch over time

If you can run for approx 10:40, starting at 8.5km/h and increasing speed every minute by 0.5km/h then you can get your 10.6 on the fitness test, allowing for some shuttles that dont fit exactly within the minute and the effort of turning.

I certainly wouldn't want anyone going in with misconceptions of the standards required, and I certainly wouldn't advocate complacancy in your training if you can reach the required level already, do continue to push yourself harder, it can only make it easier. Likewise, its important that they do know what is required of them, not just "It's changed, it's got harder, be afraid!" which is of absolutely no use to anyone.