PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - noise campaigners-the right to moan?
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2004, 00:05
Roghead

In short - yes - noise complainers do have a right to moan.We all have a right to complain about perceived injustices or nuisances. If we are really serious we will then make the effort to substantiate our moans with well reasoned, difficult to challenge and logical arguments and, most importantly, come forward with practical solutions. Unfortunately the Chairman of HACAN appears unwilling to engage in discussion through this forum.Could it be that the professional status of most forum members is worrying him? Perhaps the public visibility of these forums is insufficient? Maybe he is unable to substantiate the "moans" in an acceptable manner as prescribed above.
I, together with (probably) the overwhelming majority of this nation find that noise pollution is one of the major nuisances of life in the 21st century. However, I do not have an answer nor a sustainable solution to the problem and choose, where possible, to take and make my own decisions to lessen the impact of noise pollution on my life.
The crusading, belicose attitude of so many "action" groups leave me cold and totally unimpressed.