PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oasc Please Help???
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2004, 02:00
FJJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chinese Vic, I am choosing my words with extreme care to avoid insulting anyone.

It is sometimes difficult for someone to formulate ideas that could be considered 'informed', especially if you haven't thought much about a particular subject. I am really remembering my early years where informed conversation was way over my head. The newspapers actually helped, because it gave me a mature view on particular aspects of the news of the day.

Once one regurgitated the informed view [straight from the editorial column] I found that people were prepared to engage in sensible conversation. Eventually, I was able to hold my own as I matured and my knowledge base improved.

I am not suggesting for one single solitary second that nickyg is in the same situation that I found myself; indeed, I would doubt it, because in those days [umptyplunk decades ago!] I was relatively immature, straight out of 6th form and wet behind the ears. These days, young people are far more wordly wise than we were then.

However, if nickyg can get some ideas from the editorial comments, then good for him!