PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - noise campaigners-the right to moan?
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2004, 19:47
Agaricus bisporus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noise is all around us, even if you live in the country. It just depends on what irritates you as an individual, and also I suspect what is most easily identified as a source of noise. Aircraft are particularly identifiable. I have had some ludicrous complaints about helicopter charter drop offs, a once-off noise that lasts for maybe two minutes at most, from people who think nothing of running a virtually unsilenced lawnmower for hours on end, and never consider that noisy. There is often little or no logic involved in this - just bug-up-the-ass griping from the I want, I want, I want, me! me! me! generation.

They should try living next to a road with diesel engines revving until the valves bounce to see what real unnecessary noise is. And thats most urban, suburban and rural roads in the entire country that are within 200m of a bend, junction or hill. And as for excessively loud and frequent ambulance sirens (but that's just my bug...)

As Al Sleet, your hippy-dippy weatherman said, "If you don't like the weather, mooove!"