PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - noise campaigners-the right to moan?
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2004, 17:38
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr John Stewart, thank you for joining us.

Perhaps you would like to answer this question either for yourself, or your members. As Say Again has pointed out, have you or any of your members used and airport in the South East (and I'm including Stanstead, Luton, Gatwick, I think you get the idea). As a further to this, at what time did your flight depart the UK and arrive elsewhere?

In the wider sphere, we are not opposed to civil aviation, and recognise its contribution the national economy, but we argue that aircraft operators should be fully accountable for the pollution they cause
From your website. Following from my question above I am curious if any of your members have used air transport, or benefit from the services that rely on it (mail service just for a starter).

Having heard all your arguments before, and the stats and numbers you quote, I am yet to see in any of your reports the percentage of residents in you "target" areas that are quite happy with the airport where it is, and the numbers of people who are happy to see it expand (and improve) the services, employment and economic advantages it provides.

In closing, I would also like to as, what proposals do you put forward (aside from those already in place such as Continuous Descent Approachs, Day/Night alternation, Curfew, Departure Noise Abatement procedures, not to mention Noise restriction on aircraft that actually use the airport) that will revolutionise or make you and your organisation happy?

Thank you for your time.