PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone flown (or fly) the Huey?
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2004, 04:56
SASless

Received 516 Likes on 215 Posts
I am so glad the CAA worries about a veteran that served in combat and in all liklihood sniffed Agent Orange and suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). That certainly is heart warming of the CAA...shame the very veteran's that flew Huey's into the same combat did not get the same concern from the American Veteran's Administration. Just like the Gulf War veteran's did not get any concern when the Gulf War Syndrome struck down so many and that problem also got ignored.

The truth of the matter is simple. Even this old Huey, just as human veterans, with tender loving care, even the Veteran with PTSD, can live out a normal productive life and those that have Agent Orange complications all have diseases that are slow acting and easily diagnosed. The one exception being birth defects.

We do not see any Baby Huey's out there....except in positions of officaldom that make statements such as the CAA gentleman being quoted. Of course, this issue requires one to be a Veteran and probably an American to understand what a Baby Huey is?

But really...why was it perfectly legal ...then and still is...for me to fly my UH-1H day and night...fair weather and foul...with a full load of soldiers....into and out of LZ's under hostile fire...but now the very same aircraft design is unsafe for carrying passengers for a Jolly around an airport or fairgrounds?

There is a much bigger issue here....are our soldiers getting the short end of the stick or is the regulatory system out of whack? Just why is Bell Helicopters so worried about the "Liability" issue?