PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Raids Meatbombers No 2
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2004, 18:22
QNIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gday

Friday the 13th is a great day for aviation.
I have been handed a copy of a faxed letter to the Meatbombers at Barwon Heads from CASA today, then to other interested parties.
I tried to scan it so as to post it but I dunno it don’t work, so I typed it the hard way.

Australian Government.
Civil Aviation Safety Authority
13 February 2004

Luke McWilliam
Skydive City Pty Ltd
1405 Barwon Heads Road
CONNEWARRE VIC 3227

USE OF BARWON HEADS AERODROME
REGULATIONS 92 AND 152 DIRECTIONS

I attach for your information direction made today pursuant to regulations 92 and 152 of the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988. The effect of the directions is that parachute descents may not be made within a 2 mile radius of Barwon Heads aerodrome. The direction is effective from today.

The directions are made in the interests of safety of air navigation. They have been made to protect the safety of parachutists, aircraft and persons in the vicinity of Barwon Heads aerodrome. This is because since at least 2001, Luke McWilliam and Skydive City Pty Ltd have been party to breaches of 152 of the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988, when parachutists exiting from aircraft operated by Luke McWilliam and Skydive City, including VH-MOS, have descended through cloud and near other aircraft.

If you have any questions concerning the directions, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0262171139

Yours sincerely

Tony Rothwell
General Manager
Aviation Infrastructure and Sport Aviation Branch.

So what have they done moved to a small paddock adjacent to the circuit area of the other training airfield in the CTAF. They are really desperate.
I am sure that will be sorted early next week.

Cheers Q