PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Changes - Please Don't Get Caught Out!
Old 14th Feb 2004, 17:13
IB4138

Pilot of the Airwaves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"thus providing a better level of customer service"
---------------------------------------------------
As someone who has used Term 1 frequently over many years , I fail to see how this better level of service can be claimed. It is now the worst I can remember. There are far too many flights using this terminal, the transfer of long hauls from T4 and the movement of a few shorthauls in the opposite direction has added to the problem. T1, especially airside, cannot cope with the numbers of pax. Neither can the security areas. The service in Flight Connections in my experience is abismal. There are always long queues these days when I travel and with the additional security screening area before you enter FC from T2 and T3(which no one can explain the need for, as pax are already airside) makes transiting a lengthy experience. I now avoid T1 whenever possible, making use of flights to T2 when I come to London and T2 isn't a palace either, but its a far more pleasant and easier experience! I also no longer interline via LHR. That is now this passenger's preference.

I don't care what the BAA have worked out as acceptable capacity levels , try using T1.

Who instigated the terminal transfers anyway, BA or BAA?

Travellers should additionally be aware of the length of time it can take to transit LHR T1 in any direction. Leave yourself plenty of time.