PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security at Malaga
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2004, 16:58
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can happily defend my father etc. etc.
Well, yes you can - he's your father and I'm sure you feel great affection for him. However, that is just one possible view. Another might be that he foolishly travelled with a sharp object in his possession, and then rather than surrender it, moved it to a location where he hoped it would not be readily found. If it had fallen from his pocket in flight, it might have been used by another person intent on mischief.

I assume that in both of the incidents that you have detailed, mindful of your own security, and that of all the others present in the departure lounge, you immediately raised your concerns with a Manager at Malaga and had the incident logged by the authorities for further investigation? You may also have advised the Crew and/or Handling Agent that you had evidence of a major breach of basic security? I also assume that you have attempted to contact the various Spanish and British legislative authorities once back in the UK to chase up your concerns?

If you took these actions, or something close, then I will be interested to know the results, as any possibility of enhancing security must be welcomed. If you did not take these actions, then I am bound to wonder just how serious an incident you view this as being - in other words, it reduces your complaint to suitability for a coffee morning chat.

Aviation security is not just the responsibility of the security services - it is also the responsibility of the travelling public, who should behave sensibly and assertively.

--------------------
Per Ardua Ad Ibiza

Last edited by TightSlot; 14th Feb 2004 at 17:54.