PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAC Academy (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2004, 16:09
CrashDive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For some ( hopefully useful ) background & advice about JAC Academy see below some previous contributions:
CrashDive posted 3rd June 2003 20:47 in the thread who does self sponsored type ratings

I'd like to clarify a certain point, in as much that I think you'll find that the JAC Academy are completely discredited, having not paid their ( substantial ) bills to a number of the leading training providers !

I.e. JAC acted as agents / brokers, wherein they pocketed the trainees money, but did not then subsequently pass it on as payment to the companies that provided the actual hands-on training - and by all accounts it was nice little earner, e.g. their last know address was in Monaco !

Indeed if anybody knows the actual whereabouts of the brothers Auclerc ( i.e. Olivier and / or Nicholas ? ) who head-up JAC, could you please post it here ( or contact me privately ) so that the information can be passed on to the relevant legal authorities.

Nb. This action is being taken in conjunction w.r.t. the thousands of €/$/£'s that they ( JAC Academy / the Auclerc’s ) have extracted from a great many honest & hard working people.
CrashDive posted 3rd June 2003 21:31 in the thread who does self sponsored type ratings

If you pay JAC any money then you stand to risk not getting issued with your Type Ratings ‘Course Completion Certificate’ – and this is something which you must have in order to get the CAA/JAA to issue the rating – and without which you are stuffed !

You see the way it works is that if you form a contract with JAC for Type-Rating training, and they ( JAC ) then form a contract with a (reputable) TRTO / training provider....... but that the TRTO does not subsequently get paid by JAC for provision of your training – something which was conducted on your behalf at JAC’s behest and to whom ( JAC ) you have paid your money - it is you who must chase JAC to ensure that they pay the TRTO for the training that you have had – such that the TRTO will issue the certificate to you.

Basically your contract is with JAC – and not with the 3rd party TRTO, to whom JAC ‘sub-contracted / brokered’ your training.

Nb. TRTO = Type Rating Training Organisation - which is a very difficult approval to get and to keep - and JAC have not been issued with one, so they buy-in / contract TRTO's to provide the training; So if you do business with JAC ask to see their TRTO certification and also check it with the relevant issuing authority.

Given the amounts of money involved in aviation training - especially so when it comes to large jet aircraft - I cannot caution people enough to be very careful with whom they give it to ............ and please remember that many of us PPRuNe elder statesmen have also been there, done that, been ‘burnt’ – and resultant from which PPRuNe was born !
CrashDive posted 29th August 2003 07:52 in the thread JAC-academy

It is true to say that we know several entirely successful type rating candidates who have nothing on paper within their license to prove that fact, despite having payed JAC up front for their course.
We are similarly able to confirm that it was the non payment of bills, by JAC, in respect of services provided by UK training establishments (note the plural) which led to this situation.

Would you please post any contact details (web links, email addresses, phone numbers, street address, etc ) which you have for JAC academy, as there are debt collection agencies, and others, who would like to get in touch with them.
There's not a lot more I can add to the above, other than ones hope that these ******s don't manage to winkle out of the clutches of the law.

For those people thinking of doing self-sponsored type-ratings - as you can see from the above - it can't be emphasised enough that you should properly research your training provider, and most certainly in advance of parting with any money !