PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Raids Meatbombers No 2
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2004, 14:35
Hung Starter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a question!

QNIM
Simply what is the purpose of your thread?

I have read the original you started a while back and now a second go for what reason?

There has been some very interesting comments made about the sky diving world and its operators. Some very correct and educational. Also some rubbish.
But QNIM what are you trying to achieve here. A collection of people to hate the BH mob?
Why dont you start a local petition of support for your views and get it off to CASA and the local council.
Just keep sending them off. They will get the message in a while.

A number of years ago I was a meatbomber and enjoyed it very much. At the higher level it is a very responsible, challenging, and rewarding job with great people.
I found the tourist and bigger turbine operators to be very profesional and safe. They also pay very well compared to other GA or entry level small airlines.
One such operation over east has been operating IFR for a number of years now and as far as I know have little probs with traffic, or incidents on marginal days.

Also QNIM, dont quote speculated rubbish like;

"it is believed one of them being that they must not jump if conditions were under VMC below 10,000 ft"

So are you saying there is a new APF and CASA reg just for BH.

SWH
Once again your on to it with the facts. Always enjoy your posts.

rs480
states "Spot on what more can I say the COPS and CASA have got it right"
So whats the problem?

HS

PS. I also think the tandem operators should go the AOC way but I can see that in the meantime the effective body doing the same thing is the APF for the sport side of it. CASA dont have the time or the experience to deal with this so rely on the APF.
As for the a/c well thats another topic!