PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Eagle - And 'Global Beagle - Around Britain in a Virtual Autogyro'
Old 14th Feb 2004, 11:29
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Snoop Global Eagle - Chances?

According to the 'expeditions' website at http://www.globaleagle.co.uk it all kicks off today from Waddington.

Good luck to the team, but knowing a few of them fairly well, I wonder of their chances of actually pulling it off. I may be a great cynic, but based on personal track records it must rate high in improbables.

I was told by one member of the team that I know very well, " I've never worked so hard and I'm really stressed out ,it's taken over my life".
My first thought was, it must be a cushy number as you volounteered to do it! Which would explain a few more names in there.

I have visions of the Blackadder episode where Edmund was supposed to go to France to rescue an aristocrat, but ended up hiding in his lodgings and getting said aristo from Mrs Miggins' Pie Shop!
(Search the Sigs store at Dishforth this instant!)

No disrespect to the upper echelons, but maybe the foundations may prove to be an undoing.

I would have liked to have posted a poll but that facility seems to have gone. Points would be:

Will the expedition leave on time?
Will clearances really have been given?
Will the backup be sufficient?
Will the aircraft itself return with it's wheels?
Why aren't they converting to Apache?
Are our taxes still paying for the teams wages?
Does the CO 9AAC still wash his hands of the enterprise?

I wish you well, honestly, but somehow.......