PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAC Academy (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2004, 21:26
santan17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAC Academy people arrested

I was doing an A320 type rating with them and to cut a very long story short, the whole thing was so suspicious (We had no manuals, no syllabus, no FMGS trainer, no Fixed base sim, and our "instructor" wasn't even rated on the airbus!) that we (myself and the other guy I was doing the rating with) called the police. This led to the arrest of Andrew Alexandre (also known as Gonzague Alexandre) and Olivier Auclerc who is apparently the brains behind the whole thing, yesterday morning in Frankfurt by german undercover police officers.

They are now being questioned by Police and at this time it looks likely they will both be going to jail.
Also of interest is that the police have contacted the relevant english authorities and apparently JAC Academy doesn't actually exist.

What we are tryiong to do now is gather as much informationa as we can about the "company" and anybody else that might be working for them. If anybody has any information they consider might be relevant I would greatly appreciate if you could pm me.

On a personal note, the thing I have the most difficulty understanding though is how they can have got away with this for so long? I have seen their adds in Flight for at least a couple of years now, surely I am not the first person to be scamed by them?

Santan17