PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Raids Meatbombers No 2
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2004, 19:45
Islander Jock

I don't want to be the best pilot in the world - Just the oldest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sako,

My advice would be to make my first point of contact the Area Safety Officer (ASO) for the state council concerned.
South Australian Parachute Council -
GEOFF COOLING
Phone No(s), 08 8272 8229 (wk); 0409 707 775
Email [email protected]

One would hope that if there is a blatant disregard for the association's Operational Regulations by an operator then it could be adequately dealt with at the state level.

If you receive no joy from the state ASO then I would go direct to:
National Director Of Safety, Graham (Dixie) Lee in Perth on (08) 9339 6439 or mobile 0412 122041, or
Director of Aircraft Operations, Al McVinish 07 4668 0135, mob: 0428 457840.
I would also CC any correspondence at the national level to the appropriate CASA FOI. Phone CASA on 131757 and ask for the FOI responsible for sport aviation in the state concerned.

The APF numbers given above are all taken from the APF website.

Whether it will make any difference is doubtful. There were reports of a certain pilot in WA taking off with control locks in, contually busting CTA, flying and dropping meatbombs through 8/8ths, blasting off with the door open and a skydiver being literally dragged into the plane as it became airborne. And that was just one pilot at one DZ.

Nothing is likely to be done either by CASA or the APF until there is smouldering wreckage at the end of a runway somewhere with a few corpses fused together. As has been said before, there is big bucks in this game and regulation is enforced by enthusiastic volunteers often with personal agendas. Think along the lines of an FOI being responsible for surveillance of flying training and also him/herself being CFI of an operaton within that area. That is how the APF operates.

Last edited by Islander Jock; 14th Feb 2004 at 02:32.