PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tired budget jet pilots 'endanger passengers' - The Times
Old 13th Feb 2004, 18:26
Berenger Saunier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sour Orange Juice

As to Ryan Air: why does MR O'L hate everyone so much?
While I would never presume to speak for the boss, loaded1, the only thing I think MOL truly hates is voluntary stupidity. The sort of thinking that presumes to ignore substance over style. His personal demeanour provokes diferent things in different people. Personally, I admire him greatly. Who beter than a visionary bean-counter with both balls and determination in equal measure to run our sort of business? Overall, though, his "bovver boy rhetoric", as you call it, is just coloured bubbles. Even Stellios knew that brand driven businessman need to keep their names in the paper....duh! What matters is rigourous control of costs, and fair and reasonable terms and conditions for pilots. We have both.

You force me to repeat myself. I choose NOT to work for the Orange People. That choice is yours to make too. In my case the decision was taken in part because I object to their rostering principles, but mainly because I think their business model is profoundly flawed; and that the Airbus purchase anyway (but especially coming so soon after GO) will prove to be their undoing. In fact, loaded1, I was approached recently by an agency who offered £8500 per month on a six month command contract at Orangeland, so I suppose what I read here about departures enmasse might be true. Needless to say, I turned it down.

Just a thought, though, rather than heap scorn on RW Inc. for Orange rostering, why not turn your attention to the SRG in the CAA? It is they who reviewed and approved EZJ's F&DT limitation schedule, they who published CAP371, and they who are responsible for the oversight and fatigue management/welfare of all G registered pilots. Uncle Ray can only play cards with the one's he's dealt, after all.

Good luck to you too, loaded1.