PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WIZZ Air ....Anbody?
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2004, 00:20
alexb757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like I said, a third-party agency - flightinternational.com sent me a personal email yesterday saying they were looking for pilots and how to apply. Why would an agency be sending out specific solicitations if all positions were filled? That is bad business and gives no credibility.

WRT experience, can't recall what the the company website says, but the info I was sent CA= mim 3000hrs TT; min 1500 PIC multi-crew, multi-engine; min 500 airline jet aircraft and ICAO ATPL with Fluent English. The FO was much less - 300 TT, 100ME ; ICAO ATPL or CPL and minimum intermediate English.

As some one who has 7200+, three ICAO ATPLs, three jet type ratings and 5000+ jet time, I can safely say that these are MINIMUM requirements. Most companys have another set of unpublished requirements called competitive requirements which is solely based on supply and demand and is the REAL quals they hire by. So, I would suggest that certainly for the FO position, you would need at least TWICE the experience level given for them to call you.

Interestingly, I see they say nothing about an A320 type rating or even experience on type. This probably means that they will look at those people first and if they get enough applicants, then they will not bother with the rest - until they actually start operating and expanding. Hope this helps those who are wondering why they have not heard back. My suggestion would be, keep building those hours and reapply once they are up and running. A cover letter/CV and a phone call every 30-45 days should do the trick. But keep in mind, you WILL need to meet or better still exceed their minimums. That's how airline hiring departments work.