PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Raids Meatbombers No 2
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2004, 00:01
Travelair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose any operation can be "an accident waiting to happen", but griffin, I know the operator you mention south of PH, and after seeing him fly...I really hope nothing ever happens. But its frustrating, because pilots, especially low timers, unfortunately do not put reports in when they should. So CASA/ATSB (which we have to live with) never really know.

Ive flown ypjt to albany IFR, on 8/8 days at 8000 feet, in june, july, and these clowns are jumping from 10000 upwards. Reported it, been told it will be investigated...to this day... funny thing is that ATC and pearce both know about them...and they give tham as traffic, blah, blah, blah, but CASA does not know anything.

PJEis a big money industry, some operators Im sure do the right thing. I have flown for some PJE ops in my time (one very good one over east), and it is a great way to learn and enjoy flying.

Sorry to say that maybe it will take an accident with some foreign tourists (even though they have signed the "Im risking my life" form) for something to happen.

By the way, downwing t/o in a navajo Id say is ok, if winds are 5kts like the manual says, but with that strip, and those trees, and that weight...stupid. Tip of the iceberg?