PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airways Flight Training Exeter
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2004, 21:23
lumbertoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFT

I'm a military mate and as such most people I come across who have gone down the Licence route have used AFT. Thus it followed, so did I!

There are obviously a lot of professional outfits out there, but AFT certainly gets a big thumbs up from me and my peers. They are professional, but still small enough to be friendly, and the level of instruction was sound. All the staff were highly experienced and very helpful. There was no messing about , and the pace of the course was tailored to as fast as you could keep up. From my limited experience, the ac operated were good for the job and the routes interesting, varied and demanding. There is always a real cross-section of people going through, which adds to the atmosphere, and there were plenty of B & Bs, pubs, etc., in the area to keep one accommodated and occupied.

The main point for me was their 'can-do' attitude, with a real sympathy and drive for the timetable that I was working to. Admittedly, I spent a fair amount of cash there, but they never gave me the impression of spending it for me or seeing me as just another cash-cow. They struck the right balance with the individual in convincing you that your business was important to them. It is obviously a company that is thriving and from my research were competitive and vfm.

One tip would be to ensure that the period you want to be there for, is not overloaded with similar students, as the demand on the same ac at similar times may affect your progress through the IR.

Having just read what I have written, I feel like writing something negative but can't. This is obviously a very personal opinion and there are no doubt one or two people out there who may beg to differ. I have recommended them on a number of occasions and will continue to do so.

Good luck with whoever you lump for - just remember not to get too depressed when you realize you're crap at NDBs!

Lumbertoast