PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tired budget jet pilots 'endanger passengers' - The Times
Old 12th Feb 2004, 20:11
Berenger Saunier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah, the BALPA recruiting drive!

you are a dangerous nutter who has no place in aviation.
Sticks and stones, loaded1.

The really funny thing about you and your shamelessly unveiled recruiting drive for the discredited and ineffective British Airways Line Pilots Association (BALPA), loaded1, is that after all that has hapened to our industry in recent years, you and those like you still cling limpet-like to your tired old leftist mantra that fell with the Berlin Wall. Pilots good: management bad, evil, out to shaft us at every turn, etc........yawn. What gets me, though, is that despite the overwhelming evidence of the destructive and, lets face it, down right moronic activity of pilots unions in the past hundred years, you spout their righteousness with a truly missionary zeal! Well done, loaded1!

Your comments about the Orange People and their unfortunate rostering habbits are well noted, but then I choose not to work for them, as is your perfect right too.....assuming you have time between episodes of lunatic bluster to actually fly an aircraft.....

and campaign to eliminate anomalies like a certain lo-cost operator who appears to be UK-based yet keeps his aircraft on the Irish register to take account of their non-scientifically derived allowance for, amongst other things, multiple early starts.
This is my favourite bit. I happen to work for this "certain lo-cost (sic) operator" and can assure you that 5 earlies in a row followed by three sacrosanct days off then 5 lates, is a thousand times less harrowing than the nonsense the Orange People are forced to dish out in response to CAP371. While my employer has a substantial presence at EGSS, loaded1, we are not based there, we're based all over Europe in 8 locations, for the moment. Can't imagine what "among other things" refers to...but then something tells me that your next shrill little shriek will let me know.

One parting thought, loaded 1, and thanks for the censure following my use of boldface type and capitals, by the way....but they're used advisedly. If you don't like the terms and conditions of your employment, loaded1, RESIGN. I'm sure a man of your obvious character will have chief pilots lining up to fight over you.