PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student Pay!
Thread: Student Pay!
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2004, 19:01
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In addition, on obtaining 1st validation the salary will be £23.8 - £27.4k depending on location, plus unsociable working hours payment of £4836. Again, I was previously informed that the salary at this point would be £35/38k.
It all get's a little complicated (and if I've got it wrong feel free to yell at me!).On your completion of training and validation, you may not immediately go on to the "grown up" ATCO scale (currently ATCO2 or ATCO3 depending upon unit). This Training and Development (T&D) scale exists (we'll not go into the rights and wrongs of it, will we Roger Dodge!! ) to allow a "uniformity" amongst a whole course (where as it stands, the Area side of a course is 6 months longer). As it stands, you can have people from one course validate at a Tower unit while others are just starting their simulation courses at the Centres. The T&D scale is based on a 2 year "joint graduation date" of your course (the date the area side of your course finishes and you all merrily celebrate your graduation together).

It does leave itself open to a lot of criticism (especially if you validate within the 2 years and not getting paid "grown up" salary!), but from memory those numbers Mayday quotes sound like the "top" of the existing T&D scale and the bottom of the existing ATCO2 scale.

Of course, now the college is talking about direct streaming into Area or Approach, who knows what's going to happen!??!?!