PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for Magazine Articles
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2004, 18:22
strafer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why has no-one mentioned that fact that Angelina Jolie is apparently doing a PPL (H) at Denham. Where is the article and most importantly, the pictures?

As already stated, you can't please all of the people all of the time. But, the important thing is not the subject matter so much as the quality of the writing. The reason a lot of people have singled out John Farley is because he can. (Personally I've got no real interest in military jets, mainly because no-one will let me fly them! But John's consistently interesting, even if that's his subject).

I have to say the best article I've read in a long while was by Dave Byers(?) - a Concorde pilot describing his last flight on her. Although the subject matter would interest most of us here, the eloquence with which he described his experience was truely excellent.

I also think that while the writing in Flyer has improved over the last couple of years, the writing in Pilot has gone downhill slightly. (I have to be careful what I say, as Sam the man has berated me for making Nick Bloom cry with some hurtful comments I made in another thread. Don't worry Sam, my parents have grounded me and I'm not allowed to hang around with the big boys from the estate any more).

Where was I? Oh yes, quality of writing first, subject matter second.

BTW, what do people think of the issue of 'Flyer' out today? (I'll ask the same question next week about 'Pilot').