PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your Airline does WHAT??
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2004, 04:36
FJJP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We've seen it often enough on this webswite - someone posts that are obviously sniffing around for a bite. If someone makes a statement, however outrageous, and it is ignored, then they will go away and the thread is of no value. But if someone's comment attracts comment that seems to be valid, it may confirm that the contention might be true.

Let me give you an idea of what I mean. Let us say I post the question 'is it true that the Vickers Funbus Mk 55 middle engine vibrates so badly that the whole fin feels as though it is shaking itself to pieces?' Beagle, who has established himself as one of authority in these forums, posts - 'Yeah, when flying at warp factor .95, feels like the whole machine is coming apart, so we're limited to warp factor .7'.

So now the other side knows that the Vickers Gunbus has an airframe limit of .7, and therefore knows that their Miskinov Hero Mk 382, which has a top speed of warp factor .74 can now be used to catch and shoot down our Vickers Gunbus Mk 55.

Ok, so it might be a daft analogy [apologies Beags for taking thy name in vain] but you get the drift. Better to zip shut than give away one tiny piece of info, no matter how inoccuous...