PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for Magazine Articles
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2004, 18:14
Aim Far

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My tuppenyworth:

1. I like the foreign trips articles but I could live without the articles themselves. Just give me the pictures to inspire me to go to the places concerned. If the author hasn't got pictures, either get stock ones or publish something else. The pictures don't really need to be "in flight" - they just need to inspire you to go to the place. Photos of runways should be banned.

2. It would be useful if the authors could also think back to when they were planning the trip, the things they didn't know, the questions they had and write from the point of view of someone who hasn't yet been. And don't just write the legal details, write about what happens in practice - for example, all that stuff on customs and immigration in Pooleys is, in practice, condensed into one form which the airfield will help you with, so why not say so?

3. An article on things coming up this year would be nice, rather than reviews of things which have already happened. I appreciate there is the list of events but those are just lists and unless you have personal experience of the events, it can be hard to separate the wheat from the chaff. (Yes, I know one man's wheat is another man's chaff but give it a go - it doesn't have to be perfect).

4. I would like to see an article entitled "everything you need to do and know about now you own a plane". From personal experience, the move from renting to ownership is a big learning curve.

5. I like the series in Flyer which sets up the situation and asks what did they do wrong?

6. I don't need flight tests - I have a plane and don't need to know how fast other people's planes climb.

AF