PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you SICK of instructing?
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2004, 14:42
Highbypasss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAX!!! Great to hear from you, mate!!! As usual, spoken (or typed) like a true legend. You're right. It has been WAY TOO LONG!!! WAY....TOO...LONG, between drinks and BBQ's. I hope it can be real soon. Actually, I almost had a charter up your way recently. It got cancelled when the numbers swelled to 50. I think they took a couple of Bras' in the end.

Spinnerhead. I reciprocate all that you said. I don't know you either, and i'm sure you too might be a real good fella. I would probably enjoy having a drink with you too. However, your comments too are so typical of someone who ISN'T an instructor. If you go back and read my second post (the real long one) and read
And just to further clarify, I DO NOT THINK THAT ANY TYPE OF WORK NECESSARILY MAKES A BETTER PILOT/FLYER THAN ANOTHER. LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR!!! I just don't apreciate people who have never instructed before, telling me that I am not a "real pilot".
If I was to re-type this specifically for you, it would read like this,

"I DO NOT THINK THAT INSTRUCTORS ARE BETTER PILOTS/FLYERS THAN NON INSTRUCTORS, AND I EQUALLY DON'T THINK THAT NON INSTRUCTORS ARE BETTER PILOTS/FLYERS THAN INSTRUCTORS." I can't make this any clearer. I really believe this. It's just that I seem to hear alot of non-instructors, (or low time instructors who have given up and gone bush) trying to tell me that instructors are low quality FLYERS. ie. not good at handleing aircraft. This is simply NOT TRUE. Each one of us has individual skills. Some of us can land short field beter than others. Some can fly I.F. better than others. Some are more fluent with regs than others. This may have something to do with the fact that you are a night freight pilot, or bank runs, milk runs, mail runs...whatever. But from my experience, whether you are an instructor or not has nothing to do with it. I know an equal amount of people with instructor ratings as I do without. They are all INDIVIDUALS.

You may have come across instructors who think that they are better. I CERTAINLY HAVE. I was instructed by a few who have their heads firmly wedged up their....well....I hated them at the time, and still do. But i'm sort of glad I ran into them. They made me realise what an instructor SHOULDN'T be like.

.......I dont' know any other way to put it........I just ask this. Don't bag instructors' abilities just because they're instructors. I hope all you NT operators are reading this........................................(hear we go.............: )

...................................................H.