PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ILLGAL VIRGIN DEAL UNDERMINES JMC PILOTS
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2002, 02:46
xsimba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Zeus, you may have noticed the emoticon that I attached to my posting. I have no argument with LIFO, just the way that it was implemented which could keep us occupied for days!

As for Balpa keeping us informed and asking our opinion, you are clearly dealing with a different CC. I haven't once been asked what my view was on any aspect of the redundancy process. Emails and phone calls to CC members have also elicited an unsatisfactory response - that is when I actually get a response.

The original posting at the top of this thread indicated that the agreement was reached hastily. I have no doubt that the CC were working extremely hard but the emphasis on reaching a speedy conclusion was to the detriment of a watertight policy. There are many issues that simply were not thought through, either properly or at all.

I am not seeking to blame anybody here, my original post was simply to counter crewrest's opinion, albeit slightly tongue in cheek.

However I can say that I'm disappointed that my 1% gross contribution to Balpa didn't really pay for very much help from head office. It seems to me that our CC were pretty much left to their own devices with the occasional courtesy call from faceless Balpa people.

[ 21 January 2002: Message edited by: xsimba ]</p>