PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for Magazine Articles
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2004, 04:33
formationfoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DP

I know that some of the editorial staff of the mags read PPRUNE and I am sure this thread will prompt some ideas.

I guess the point is as much about balance as it is about content as many of the things asked for are already there.

The suggestion from Toryboy is one which I know is already being worked on and I think both of the mainstream mags are conscious of covering stuff which is relevant to the greater part of the audience. There is quite a bit more now about ordinary pilots and ordinary aircraft.

DP your item 3 is already being done. In the past six months I have written reviews of both Liverpool and Norwich airports and at least 25% of the article was about things to see and do in the nearby area / cities (althouhg most people don't tend to go much further than the nearest restaurant).

Some of the othetr points about putting hard advice in alongside the commentary is probably also being actioned so maybe the mags are starting to go in the right direction but need a bit more encouragement and ideas.

Keep them coming - the more ideas for me to write articles the better!. Seriously if there are some good ideas here I will approach the editor and try and get commissioned so I am certainly interested in listening. Feel free to PM me with ideas if you wish.