PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Magazine Watch Offer
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2004, 04:23
formationfoto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monocock

Come on
You have had your say and others should have the same opportunity as you. They may be unreasonable, they may be making comments which are based on nothing other than prejudice. Ultimately the public view of a magazine is reflected in its circulation which is reflected in its advertising revenue, which is reflected in whether it goes bust or not. The only thing the posters here appear to have done wrong is to post in a thread which the moderator wishes to keep on the topic of watches and off the topic of magazines.

This subject raises its head every now and again and some posters make worthwhile comments. If it lets off a bit of steam then everyone continues to purchase whichever mag they want what is the problem other than Sam and others getting piXXed off (including me getting in a similar state in the past).

The fact that Nick Blooms piece was criticised then praised only demonstrates that some people can see the value of good advice and others can't. That I am afraid is the way of the world. We all have different knowledge levels and most of us think we know it all. The real experts are those who know that they dont know it all and I firmly put myself in the category of not knowing enough. I don't recall any flying article publishing advice which was as dangerous as the walking magazine which printed a walk which went over a cliff!.

Still haven't seen much about that bloody watch though!. And I can't offer any comments as I was shown one briefly but have since been unable to get my hands on one. Maybe I can convince Sam to lend me one and I will write a review of it here (STRONG HINT).