PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student Pay!
Thread: Student Pay!
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2004, 03:55
fly bhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garthy

With regards the £100 tax free living allowance each month, could someone who has been there and done that give me some advice.
You still get the £100 a week allowance and its not receipted, nor does it apply to people only living in B&B's either. And you also get the entire £100, not just an amount up to the rent you put in for. I'm currently renting a flat with others on my course and the £100 a week more than covers monthly rent and bills so on two incomes you should be fine (although the booze bill is considerably higher !!!)

And Gonzo

those going through the process right now might assume that it's all been settled!
I was in the meeting where it was announced to the current students a couple of weeks ago and it was put to us that this was definitely cut and dried and will definitely come into effect as from the next intake (which i'm sure they've said is the july-ish intake). There was also no mention of it being part of the new pay deal, nor was there any mention that it may not come to pass if the new deal isn't approved. I may be wrong but as far as I know its definitely happening.

FB