PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Magazine Watch Offer
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2004, 03:23
Monocock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For crying out loud chaps, just rein back will you? This whole thread is becoming ridiculous. Not only is it darting from subject to subject but it also seems to be bringing out the worst in everyone.

Strafer........your comments are pathetic. Nick Bloom wrote what I consider as an excellent article on short field techniques and if you applied some of what he said you wouldn't be requesting what you are in another thread.

The trouble with these forums is it gives everyone the chance to be anonomously vindictive and over "clever". If Pilot wishes to introduce a marketing scheme for its business then who are we to :

a. Criticize

b. Look a gift horse in the mouth.

c. Tell them how to carry out their business.

If you don't want the watch then bloody well give it to someone else. I don't know how many of the vindictive posters on this thread have their own business but I know that if they did, they wouldn't be so damn scathing about what Pilot are doing by making the offer.

If a newby entered this thread he would leave without a trace. Is that what we really want?

I started on this forum about four years ago (admittedly under a different guise) and it was a great place to come to of an evening. Full of friendly people giving helpful and witty advice. It now appears to be nothing but a gallows area for people who say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

I might annoy some for speaking my mind. Quite honestly, I don't give a .

BRL, can I suggest you freeze this thread before it gets out of hand.