PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for Magazine Articles
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2004, 23:57
dublinpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suggestions for Magazine Articles

There has been a number of threads recently about what we don't like about the flying mags. I too am guilty of starting one such thread.

So I thought I'd start a new one, that rather than being critical, we could actually suggest to them what we would like to see.

So and lets tell them what we would like to see articles about.

PLEASE KEEP THIS THREAD FREE FROM PURELY NEGATIVE COMMENTS and lets tell them what we would like to see articles on. I'm sure they are more likely to listen, when we aren't being so negative!

So my thoughts are:

1. The foreign trips articles can be interesting, but suffer too much from the took off, spoke to atc, landed had lunch thing. I would like to see such articles deal far more with the issues such as what you needed to fly there. Can you fly there on a JAA PPL? Do you need to get it converted? If so what are the contact details? What differences in ATC etc do you need to know about.

2. In a similar vain, how about an article that deals purely with the proceedures for any foreign flight. There are lots of questions on pprune asking what to do about special branch, what to do about customs for a cross water flight, so obviously this is something people get confused over.

3. When reviewing an airfield, move off the field. What is there to do nearby? Make it a city guide, rather than an airfield guide. When ever I look for somewhere to fly to, I always take out my Lonely Planet guide to see what's to do in the local town/city.

4. How about some reviews of aircraft that you can actually buy from a production line? Reviews of aircraft are always more interesting if you knew you could go out and buy one (if you had the money), rather than some rare plane, you would have difficulty finding. Maybe concentrated on the lower end of the price range ones? What could I but for less than €100,000 that is new, and I don't have to build?

Now your turn. Let them know what you want to read about in their mags. Maybe when they get an article that matches, they might be more inclined to publish it!

dp