PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi mass exodus
Thread: bmi mass exodus
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2004, 21:45
Fred Elliot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't normally get involved in these discussions but 'keyboard flyer' has finally persuaded me ..... your attitude typifies the problem:

- If pilots are highly-paid, it's because that's the going rate. The company (any company) is not a charity. If it's an issue for you, go out, spend 10's of thousands of your own money, live on bread and water for at least a year, sit a barrage of exams and then go and get a job as a pilot.

- The fact that pilots 'still moan' shows that it's everything but the pay that makes the difference to their lives: endless ******ing about by crewing (who are themselves working in unsatisfactory conditions), rosters late, reneging on agreements hard-won....the list goes on. Even overpaid pilots are entitled to a home life, old cock.

- Yes, those managers probably did whinge themselves, but the personal benefits that accrue from toeing the line once they are in senior positions, coupled with fear of what will happen if they don't turn all but the most principled (I haven't met one yet) into self-serving yes-men. The proof is all around you.

bmi 'management' has shown itself largely impervious to reasoned argument, so folk have only one vote left; their feet.

Good luck,all.

Rant ends.