PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qr Standards
Thread: Qr Standards
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2004, 22:02
A300Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IFE was dodgy on DOH-LHR on my flight recently too.

Find the comments a bit strange about crew refusing to do a manual demo - surely this is something that is taught early-on in SEP training and is mandatory for all crew to know? (Please confirm someone)

And if the crew did refuse to do it, what action did the CSD take? Surely, he or she must have informed the training department that the crew on board were either incapable or unwilling to do so.

I find broken down IFE to be one of these things that sometimes happens and there is no point in complaining to the crew, as there is nothing they can do and it is not their fault. Same goes for when the food is sometimes not too good or other service lapses occur.

However, an unwillingness (or inability) to provide a mandatory safety demo - I find that totally disgusting.

Also agree with the comments re the first class lounge being changed from VS to SAS. Whilst the SAS lounge is quite contemporary too, it is not actually too bad. They DO serve more than just tea and biscuits. Don't know where your source got their info from. A full range of snacks and beverages is available.

Whilst it is nothing compared to VS lounge (where you could get a full three course meal and a massage and haircut if you wanted), the SAS lounge is OK. (A bit too bright and IKEA looking maybe, but otherwise OK for a short visit).