PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you SICK of instructing?
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2004, 20:01
lackov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not often that I truly get the ****s about something to the point of this type of reply, but congrats oz-expat, you've joined the privileged few. To say that reading your response was disappointing would be an understatement. I've not often read a shallower perspective than your response to my post, regardless of the sentiment contained in your original.
You claim that I, in some way, believe against a freedom of opinion and expression. At the very least explain this (somewhat warped) view. All I did was provide a few facts (and they ARE facts!) for those of you who may not have had them, and resultantly went off half cocked on some idelogical, nevertheless flawed, rampage. If providing information to an argument is an example of inhibiting an opinion, well, you've got me beat......
I don't know you from a bar of soap, and neither do I care to after your post, but you've given a vitriolic example of why there's no unity in G.A.
Besides, my comments were aimed at those insistant on playing the man, rather than the ball.
If you believe in your view then by all means express it. I'd be dissappointed if you didn't, but judging by your response I'd hazard that it's more you that got stroppy when challenged. Wouldn't you think?
Shame.
As for the quip about alter egos, nothing could be further from the truth. I've never been an instructor, at least not the aeroplane type. My career, and indeed life is pretty damn different from HBs to say the least. The irony of the whole thing though is that the reason I know him is pure chance, as a result of an act of absolute kindness to an (at the time) absolute stranger when I sure as hell needed some help. This is why I stick up for my mates, as you have seen. What do you define as a mate?

BTW, Nipper, I meant to say in the last post. Really nicely put! Thats the magic of aviation summed up in a page!