PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi mass exodus
Thread: bmi mass exodus
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2004, 18:45
shafted@work

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
411a,

You seem to be suggesting that these people should stay somewhere they don't want to be any longer. You have to remember that it is not just about money or promotion.

The airline simply isnt the same as it used to be. so when you've tasted the honey the current Sh*t tastes that much worse.

Driving in and out of LHR every day, six days a week to do palma then hannover, when you do happen to be lucky enough to have min rest nightstop in manchester you are rewarded with five sectors.

I remember nightstopping in:

AMS,BRU,DUB,CPH,HAM,FRA,CDG,MAD,BCN,FCO,LIN,MUC,WAW,DUS,CGN

Now

AMS,BRU,DUB

I remember being told that as a pilot were considered to be employed at management level!!

Now

We have to go and see the head teacher if we are sick. And unless you are lucky enough to be a captain or a cleaner you have to wait outside in the rain until someone with a pass can let you in.

As for thanks -

We are told that there are definitely no discussions with virgin. We then find out that merger talks fell apart at the last minute.

No pay talks entertained.

No christmas card or even sentiment on a memo!!!

I found out about the toronto route from my sister who isn't in the industry, 2 weeks before the company told me.

411a, If you rented a house and it started falling down, would you renew the contract on the basis someone will have to fix it in the future??