PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you SICK of instructing?
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2004, 11:05
lackov

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geez guys!

A hell of a lot of assumptions floating around here. I'm pretty certain I know HyBy, and a lot of the assumtions are soooo far off the mark it's not funny.

Facts:

HB is a consumate professional, and the attitude that you elude to is not at all evident any time I've seen him. A quick conversation with any of you would verify that.

HB lives nowhere near ANY captial city, despite his hometown being just that. The impression I get is that he craves nothing more than to go home, but we all know that what you want isn't always what you get. He left the aforementioned hometown to try and get the next bit after already having a bit of instructing under his belt, and it hasn't quite worked out as he envisaged.

HB has been 'pigeonholed' like a lot of instructors, by his current employer. He had the rating, and is actually an awesome and enthusiastic teacher, and his current employer saw this. I have full belief that the students are getting every cent in the dollars worth of value with HB. There are certain companys you don't want to have certain endorsements, lest they stick you on whatever the dogbox of the fleet happens to be, so too in other companies there are a bunch of pilots, but only one instructor.

HB is no different to the school teacher who does a fantastic job day-in, day-out, the one who all the school kids love. If that teacher walks into the private staff room at lunch, and puts out a cry for advice on the basis that they're getting weary in a big way, then they usually get at least a little sympathy, if not some constructive advice. This does happen, and I'll accept no self-justifying aguments to the contrary, I've seen it. All the poor guy got here was a good ripping by a pack of hyenas, nice work everybody.