PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas Air in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2004, 22:12
HEAVYWHALE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
747world,

What you have said makes no sense. Why would they double STN base and then furlough guys from AACS? Grow the base and shrink it at the same time?

Also, how do you figure that some 16 guys were furloughed from Mainline because of the agreement struck with ALPA? Were you informed that they were going to furlough some 110 pilots from Mainline and then possibly hire off the street to STN AGAIN!?

ALPA and MGMT agreed that wasn't cost effective and also agreed to a letter of agreement that states all Captain positions in the future will be offered to Mainline ALPA guys first. The only way an existing AACS FO will upgrade now is if every ALPA guy passes on it. And I don't see that happening. If I were an AACS FO 1. I would be so mad I couldn't see straight and 2. I'd find another job, unless you enjoy being a professional FO.

Mainline ALPA guys, even the FO's are being displaced to STN base. There will never be another new hire at AACS and their will never be another FO upgrade from the AACS ranks. I'm sorry that Atlas Management has baited you guys and then screwed you so hard. Stand by for more; because word is that the R. Roland song and dance has some major holes in it that you can drive a 747 through. So, as I said before, what you see now is going to be totally different in six months.

I hope for your sakes the EU job market is better than the American one.