PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA Pilot Gives 'Come to Jesus' PA
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2004, 19:35
Coconuts

Talking

Oh crumbs

In some ways I admire this pilot for having the courage of his convictions & sticking his neck on the block to spread his beliefs but on the other hand I'm surprised by his lack of professionalism. I'm just thinking oif my bosses reaction if I started to convert customers when doing my job, I'd get the boot very quick, even though he's a committed Christian & fairly open about expressing his beliefs.

Christianity preaches or brainwashes (depending on your perspective) that you're doing a service to society if you go out & preach 'the good news & the "truth"' so no doubt the captain felt he was justified in being a good, brave, unashamed Christain. Trouble is there's no guarantee in what he's been brainwashed with is the truth so one's on dangerous ground if they start trying to force it on customers when doing ones job.

There's a time & place for everything, IMHO this was neither the time or place for this type of behaviour though I still have a sneaking admiration for the man's brave if foolhardy & biased behaviour.