PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA f/os Wanting GSS commands
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2004, 17:55
BlueDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I hate to intrude on this to-ing & fro-ing between both parties, but, it would seem that neither side is really listening to each other. Instead of launching into a tirade of abuse please read the other's post carefully and try to see his/her point of view. As always there are two sides to every story. Yes the situation is not entirely fair and I can see the point of view of both sides.

As I understand it as GSS is BA's only client, they would have some right to ask how this work is conducted. Agreed the customer is not always right but it is important to please them?This is tragic for those joining GSS expecting a quick(er) command on a Jumbo. In BA, I believe, with a possible increase in retirement age, the retirement bulge almost over and an influx of CityFlyer pilots above those recent entries the time to command (even on BA LGW shorthaul - which is becoming almost an easyJet type affair) is likely to rise to perhaps 15 years. Not fair on those new joiners either?

Also, I thought all the BA mainline secondees had all left BACX & been absorbed into the mothership? Please correct me if I am mistaken.

I hope this post doesn't attract some of the vitriolic language afforded other people... please?