PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Training - My Experiences
Old 7th Feb 2004, 16:53
skybabe1975

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Floaty... I suggest you quit while you're ahead.. or not as the case maybe right now!

I have been where you are and have done the short / long haul combination thing with a charter airline.. You're right it is fun, but you cant compare either short or long haul charter flying with scheduled flying!

Your facts about BA are completely wrong and you have fallen into the "listening to idle gossip" airline rubbish! Sometimes you have to take what people say with a pinch of salt! Eh!

The requirements for BA cabin crew can be found on the website. It is a minimum of two years exp. OR a second language etc... I do not speak a foreign language.. I am BA crew!!!

The rosters are completely different from what you do, and the service onboard is also worlds away from what you do too! I suggest you enjoy your time in charter and then when you've had enough perhaps begin to think of joining either BA or VA... Flying as cabin crew is a life style.. so you need to find the airline which suits your own life style best.. thats the beauty of being cabin crew!

Good Luck with it all... and Remember.. Be careful which gossip you forward... Cos sometimes you may find you're upsetting people unnecessarily!