PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Home for some sun
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2004, 13:11
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have been getting away with 3 bottles each (supposedly 3 litres) for the last 7 or 8 years - buy 2 before you get to Oz, and the 3rd on arrival....or all 3 before you get here, if you want to lug them - as long as you declare on your customs form that you are bringing in more than your entitlement.
If you are bringing in less than the $400 allowance of other duty free items (incl. gifts) customs are usually pretty good about it, and allow you the extra - I have been doing it for that length of time and have never had a problem.
However entering BNE in October last year, a customs (female) officer told me that they were going to start "cracking down" on the 3 bottles, and limit it to 2.
I'm not sure if that is "Official Policy" or whether she had made that decision herself!!

Bundy O.P or Bundy Black is always a HUGE cost saving for rum drinkers.

Personally I'm getting lazy now and grab the pre-mixes at the Bottle shops - there's some pretty good stuff around...although Go Girl reckons it needs a boost - so it's always handy to have a bottle of Wild Gobbler around if she's in the neighbourhood!
Luckily for her, she's got a strong-willed driver