PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you SICK of instructing?
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2004, 09:20
Mikey21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I instructed for 2.5 years.
Every day for that matter, my day off was when i could see the sun, and when the birds stayed on the tree the weather is so ****ty!!!

I tried to get out of it, and it took me 1.5 years to get a job, where i didn't have to tell the guy next to me what to do..

And you know what after 6 months of it, i got laid off, and believe me i missed instruction at that time.

Just enjoy it, you have a job...and you chose the condition you fly in... that is a big bonus.

I fly in canada, and i tell you there are some days where you would prefer not to be a pilot.
For instance, IFR night, with a full boat , ****ty weather and wind blowing at 40kts,... that isn't fun. And if the **** it the fan, then you 're screwed.
Sometimes i think about the good and bad old days of instruction , where you make the decision, and you are not govern by joe blow that needs to make is meeting and doesn't understand what windshear means..

Don't get me wrong, i love my job,
Just enjoy what you have it is only temporary, so make the most of it.

Try new things, challenge yourself.
Do you master you plane???? may be you should, and when you will be thenit is time to move on.