PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Replacement PAR could damage your health
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2004, 02:32
ATC-OPS1

Talking PAR

As a Controller who has used RPAR for over 2 years at 3 stations without any problems, I feel I must respond to some of the wild comments. RPAR replaced the CR-62. The CR-62 was either continually defective or when it worked could see nothing but clutter.

The RPAR is a fantastic PAR will a superb availability record nearly 100% for all stations. It sees things we never ever saw on the CR 62. It makes my life so easy with it auto-tracking, clear display and status reporting.

Where we (the RAF) fall down is we haven't updated our 40 year old procedures to deal with this 21st century PAR. Come on Strike pull your finger out and bring us up to date.

On the few occasions that I have had a defect the ITT folks in Basingstoke have responded very professionally and fast - how refreshing when you have to deal with AMS and Brit Aerospace on other equipment.

Stop whinging and be thankful we have this wonderful piece of reliable kit. Strike Command get your SATCO's together and bring our procedures up to date.