PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student Pay!
Thread: Student Pay!
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2004, 02:52
turn right heading

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I said I wouldn't comment anymore on this subject, but I will.

I'm a bit disappointed in some of the remarks from (I'm guessing) valid ATCO's who at one time were at the bottom of the ladder. Someone said something along the lines of" wasn't that the money we got when we went through?" - when was that exactly?

Yes, there's the allowances, but as mbwlewis said £100 won't get much these days. With the council tax just rocketing up in Bournemouth most of the B+B's are quoting a rise of 25% to cover it, that'll take the weekly well over £100. Its supposed to cover accommodation, food, pens, paper etc whilst at the college. Ofcourse the actual pay is just spending money really, but on what. For the mature people NATS are apparently looking for, most have other outgoings(mortgages, student loans etc) so do NATS want their students to be worrying over money as well as the course. I guess they could always get an evening job around their studying. Before we now it they'll be like proper students and not turning up for lectures

The sad thing is this job is brilliant, it is great to go to work and not many people can say that. Unfortunately the way things are going there won't be anyone coming along to take over and enjoy the same experiance. And if you don't believe me there's at least two people that have replied to this forum that are having to reconsider there future do to financial reasons - how many more are there? Coz one things for certain, less and less people are applying for this job.